Our Parent Council is a voluntarily run council made up of parents/carers of children attending Simpson Primary School.
The main aim of the Parent Council is to help fund the Schools various activities such as school trips and various resources and to have a voice in the school for parents/carers.
We are a friendly group and open to all joining our team.
Please click the link below to read our recent update following the AGM held on 28th August 2018.
Parent Council Meetings
What is Simpson Primary's Parent Council?
The Parent Council is a committee formed by parents/carers and family members of children attending Simpson Primary School. The main Parent Council group is represented by The Office Bearers. These are parents/carers who have been appointed by the Parent Forum (The congregation of all parents having Children attending Simpson Primary School) to represent the Parent's views and make decisions on their behalf.
The Parent Council is NOT run by, nor reflects the views of the School or West Lothian Council.
The main aim of the Parent Council is to help the School and to represent all parents/carers.
By joining our team you will be involved in such things like:
- Fundraising activities.
- Improving links between all parents and the School.
- Making sure the School gets feedback on parents'/carers' views.
- Discuss any issue that may be of interest to parents, including School policies on such things as homework and school uniform etc.
- Organising The Newlands' Day Float.
- Work jointly with the School to set up extra-curricular activities and after-school clubs.
- Improving parental involvement as part of the "Curriculum for Excellence" scheme, and much much more.
How can you contact the Parent Council?
If you are interested in becoming part of Simpson Primary's Parent Council, or you want to know more about what we do, please get in touch either via email:
Or by sending us a Private Message on Facebook at: Simpson Primary Parent Council - Wester Inch, Bathgate.
We would love to hear from you!
@ Simpson Primary's Parent Council